Today is “Blue Monday,” which is considered the most miserable day of the year. A study back in 2005 figured it out using a formula that factors in the weather, leftover debt from Christmas, and a few other things.
It’s more of a British thing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t wallow in it with them. And a new survey looked at the top REASONS we feel depressed this time of year. Here’s the Top Ten . . .
- Feeling broke after overspending around the holidays.
- The weather.
- The nights are too long.
- A lack of sunshine.
- The magic of Christmas is over.
- We’re already sick of work again after the holidays.
- Feeling guilty for eating or drinking too much during the holidays.
- General loneliness.
- The pressure of New Year’s resolutions. Or the fact that you already broke yours.
- It’s harder to have a social life in winter.