More of us have groceries delivered now, and Instacart is a great side-gig for a lot of people.
But one guy who works for them posted a list of annoying things customers do.
Here are six things that can make your Instacart shopper angry:
- Adding too many items after your order starts. One or two extra things is totally fine. It gets annoying when people end up doubling the number of items they want.
- Not responding to texts. It’s a lot easier on them if you keep your phone nearby to answer any questions that pop up. And it can delay things when you don’t.
- Being too picky about replacements. Just be reasonable or choose the option for no replacements. One customer the guy had got angry because they wanted a pack of eight tortillas and got a ten-pack instead.
- Bad directions, or an incomplete address. People forget to list their apartment number a lot and don’t answer their phones. So, the shopper has to sit on hold with Instacart support. Then people complain because their frozen stuff is all thawed out.
- Not tipping them. Most Instacart shoppers make just over minimum wage. So, tips are a big part of their income. It’s especially important for big orders.
- Giving them a bad rating for no good reason. They’re sent fewer orders if their rating drops, and it can take a while to get it back up to where it was. So, don’t be brutal just because your order was a little late, or they didn’t find everything on your list.