Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– The first human beings were around 66 million years after the Tyrannosaurus rex. And the T-rex didn’t evolve until 67 million years after early dinosaurs. Which means the T-rex was alive closer to you and me than it was to other dinosaurs.
– Grover Cleveland is the only president who was also an executioner. When he was the sheriff of Erie County, New York about a decade before he became president, he personally executed two criminals.
– A woman sued Quaker Oats in 2009 for false advertising when she found out the Crunch Berries in Cap’n Crunch weren’t real fruit. But a judge dismissed the lawsuit.
– Michael Jackson really wanted to play Spider-Man in a movie, but he knew he’d never get cast . . . so in the ’90s, he actually tried to BUY Marvel Comics to make it happen.
– The spacesuits Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin wore to the Moon in 1969 were actually designed and manufactured by . . . Playtex. Yes, the tampon company.
Strange and trending news:
– Here are America’s “clumsiest names” . . . based on the names that come up the most often in personal injury claims. The top three for men are Kyle, Blake, and Brian . . . and the top three for women are Hailey, Taylor, and Linda. (Full Story)
– A 19-year-old in New York posted a TikTok video on Tuesday showing if you squat down in a specific pair of pleather pants from Zara, it makes a very loud FLATULENCE sound. The video went viral . . . and apparently, it’s made more people WANT to buy the pants. (Full Story)
– Almost three-quarters of people say they’re expecting the TOUGHEST WINTER EVER, according to a new survey. And the top things they’re stocking up on to prepare are face masks . . . toilet paper and other paper products . . . and vitamins. (Full Story)
– Here’s a new dating trend: People are “soft launching” their RELATIONSHIPS on Instagram. You post a picture that shows you’re out with someone . . . but you don’t show their face or possibly even mention them. It’s a way of announcing you’re involved with someone without outright saying it. (Full Story)
– A mom in Texas recently posted on Facebook about how her kids would complain the Skittles she gave them as a treat tasted terrible. And it took her a month to realize she’d been giving them the Halloween Zombie Skittles . . . which have ones that taste TERRIBLE hidden in the bag. (Full Story)
If you’re feeling like a bad mom today, don’t worry – I fed these skittles to my kids for a solid month not realizing…
– According to a new study, the average person takes about 51,330 steps a week, which works out to a little over 24 miles. So, by the time you hit age 50, you’ll have walked more than 40,000 miles in your adult life. (Full Story)
– A study found that if you’re looking for an affordable house in a place with lots of UFO sightings, the best places to move are Myrtle Beach, South Carolina . . . Columbus, Ohio . . . and Philadelphia. (Full Story)
– A truck driver at a KFC in Memphis demanded a refund after they got his order wrong on Saturday. And then even though they gave his money back, he did a drive-by SHOOTING on his way out of the parking lot. Luckily no one was hurt. (Full Story)