Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Lamborghini started as a tractor company in 1948. The founder didn’t start his car company until 1963.
– A Swiss army knife is called a “MacGyver knife” in South Korea.
– The first time goaltending was called in the WNBA was in 2008 . . . 11 years after the league debuted. The first dunk happened in the fifth year.
– “Gangnam Style” became the first YouTube video to get one billion views. And it happened on December 21st, 2012 . . . which was also the day the apocalypse was supposed to happen.
– French law requires all dead bodies transported into the country to have identification. So when the mummy of Ramses the Second was transported from Egypt to France in 1974, it had a passport with the occupation as “King (deceased).”
Strange and trending news:
– We waste 29 full work days every YEAR on checking email, according to a new study. That’s because we spend two hours a day on email . . . and one of those hours is totally unnecessary. (Full Story)
– The average American has 20 apps installed on their phone. And the top five we say we can’t live without are: Facebook . . . Instagram . . . Gmail . . . YouTube . . . and Snapchat. (Full Story)
– A new survey asked people what they’re more worried about increasing: Their credit score . . . or their Instagram following. And the answer is . . . credit score. But it was pretty close. (Full Story)
– 1 in 5 Americans believe the myth that you swallow eight spiders a year in your sleep. And a third of us think booze before bed helps you sleep, which isn’t true. (Full Story)
– Pringles is coming out with two new flavors: Rotisserie chicken . . . and parmesan and roasted garlic. They should be in stores “soon.” (Full Story)
– ICEE BATH BOMBS are now a thing that exists. You drop one of the balls into your bath and it makes the water look and smell like one of the signature ICEE flavors like cherry or blue raspberry. But . . . there’s a warning that you shouldn’t drink the water. (Full Story)
– Do people care about getting married anymore? According to a new survey, only 57% said it’s VERY important. 27% said it’s somewhat important . . . and 15% said they don’t care about it at all. (Full Story)
– Alcohol.org ranked all 50 states according to how many beers people can drink in one sitting before they feel drunk. Arizona, Michigan, and Maine can drink the most at around 4 beers. Hawaii came in last at 2.7 beers, then Idaho and Arkansas. (Full Story)
– A guy in Seattle wouldn’t move over for someone tailgating him on the freeway on Wednesday . . . and it just so happened that the guy tailgating him was in a high-speed police chase. And because the guy wouldn’t move, the cops were able to catch up with the driver and arrest him shortly after that. (Full Story)
– A guy in New Jersey started contacting local farms last year asking for permission to GET-IT-ON with their COWS and HORSES. And when they all turned him down . . . he put metal spikes in their driveways to pop their tires. He was finally arrested last week and he’s facing several charges. (Full Story)
– A guy in the U.K. decided to lose weight last year when he got up to 560 pounds. So, his personal trainer put up flyers all over town telling fast food places not to serve him. And in one year, he’s lost half his body weight. (Full Story)