Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- Friday on Netflix: The “Breaking Bad”movie “El Camino”, which focuses on Aaron Paul’s character Jesse Pinkman attempting to outrun the law.
- Friday at 8:00 p.m. on the CW: The second season premiere of “Charmed”.
- Friday at 9:00 p.m. on the CW: The third season premiere of “Dynasty”.
- Friday on Netflix: The second season premiere of “Insatiable”.
- Friday on Netflix: The second season premiere of “Haunted”.
Friday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”- Jennifer Lopez, Russell Westbrook, and Ryan Hamilton. (Repeat)
- “Jimmy Kimmel”- Gwyneth Paltrow, Evan Funke, and Lunay. (Repeat)
- “Stephen Colbert”- Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Barry Williams, Maureen McCormick, Christopher Knight, Eve Plumb, Mike Lookinland, and Susan Olsen. (Repeat)
- “James Corden”- Greg Kinnear, Judy Greer, and Bazzi. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers”- Woody Harrelson, Kieran Culkin, and Bobby Flay. (Repeat)
- “Lilly Singh”- Jim Gaffigan, and Antoni Porowski. (Repeat)
As for Daytime Talk Shows: Erin Andrews is on “Kelly Clarkson”, Nick Cannon is on “Ellen”, Adam Lambert is on “The Talk”, Rand Paul is on “The View”, and Anne Hathaway is on “Kelly and Ryan”.
- Saturday at 9:00 p.m. on Syfy: The horror film version of “The Banana Splits”, where a family attending a live taping of the old TV series try to survive after the animatronic characters go on a killing spree because the show got cancelled. (Trailer)
- Saturday at 11:00 p.m. on PBS: Maggie Rogersperforms on “Austin City Limits”.
- Saturday at 11:30 p.m. on NBC: David Harbourhosts “Saturday Night Live”, and Camila Cabellois the music guest.
- Sunday at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on NBC: “Sunday Night Football”. The Los Angeles Chargershost the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on AMC: “The Walking Dead”.
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on Ovation: The 23rd season premiere of “Inside the Actor’s Studio”, which features rotating guest hosts instead of just James Lipton like it did on Bravo. Alec Baldwin interviews Henry Winkler in the first episode.
- Sunday at 11:00 p.m. on HBO: The series finaleof “Ballers”.