Someone put together a list of “wild and random” music facts . . . and even if they don’t BLOW YOUR MIND, you may not have heard most of them before.
Here are 10 highlights:
- Ed Sheeran slept on Jamie Foxx’s couch for six weeks before he made it big in the music business.
- Dolly Parton wrote the legendary songs “Jolene” and “I Will Always Love You” in the same day.
- Childish Gambino got his rap name from a Wu-Tang Clan name generator.
- Before Panic! at the Disco made it big on their own, they used to be a Blink-182 cover band.
- Elvis Presley was actually a natural blond and his stylist dyed his hair by mixing shampoo, vitamin capsules, aloe vera, and herbs.
- “Respect” by Aretha Franklin is actually a cover of an Otis Redding song. She rewrote the lyrics because the song originally had a misogynistic tone and now it’s one of the most famous female anthems of all time.
- Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez used to be on “Barney & Friends” together before they became iconic pop singers.
- Jimi Hendrix taught himself how to play the guitar and never learned how to read music.
- Nicole Scherzinger sang 95% of the vocals featured on the Pussycat Dolls’ first album.
- Harry Styles gave Stevie Nicks a carrot cake when they met for the first time backstage at a Fleetwood Mac show. He even piped her name onto it.
(This Buzzfeed.com link has the full list with 32 facts. Some of them involve more famous musicians . . . but the “wild and random” facts are more widely known. Still, there may be some you want to use.)