Here are some NOT-so-serious stories we’ve seen about the coronavirus outbreak . . .
- Divorce rates are skyrocketing from couples who are stuck in quarantine together. Some divorce attorneys say they’ve seen a 50% RISE in calls from potential clients.
- So many people in New York City have been trying to adopt cats and dogs over these past few weeks that the shelters are running out.
- Some NARC in Illinois called the cops on an adult video store that was offering curbside pickup during the stay-at-home order. The business was deemed non-essential and the manager agreed to shut it down. Weak
- A 19-year-old woman in the U.K. is spending her time in quarantine calling her exes to see what went wrong. . . and now she’s sharing the results.
- A guy in Spain disguised himself as a dog so he could leave his house without being fined.
- A guy in Mexico who was self-isolating attached a note and some money to his pet Chihuahua’s collar and sent him to the store for Cheetos. And it actually worked.
- Do you know how to spell “quarantine”? Because the popular misspelling online is “corn teen.”
- A guy in the Maldives was arrested for leaving a resort to swim to another resort to get cigarettes.
- A 75-year-old man shopping during the senior shopping hours at a Publix grocery store in Florida told a reporter, quote, “I only got what I need. I don’t know what you need all that toilet paper for unless you have a really big butt.”
(Various sourcing in article)