Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– There are only 72 documented cases of identical quadruplets ever.
– Only three of the number one NFL draft picks from the past 20 years have won a Super Bowl.
Eli Manning with the Giants in 2008 and 2012 . . . Eric Fisher with the Chiefs last year . . . and David Carr with the Giants in 2012, but he didn’t play in the game.
– Approximately 2% of people have a gene that makes it so their armpits don’t smell, even without deodorant.
– The first speeding ticket was given out in 1899 in Manhattan . . . to a cab driver who was going a blazing 12 miles-per-hour in an eight-mile-an-hour zone.
– Ad time for the series finale of “M*A*S*H” in 1983 cost more than ad time for the Super Bowl that year.
Strange and trending news:
– Police were able to flush out a serial toilet thief in Japan . . . the guy has stolen 18 toilets from construction sites over the course of three months. (Full Story)
– A guy in Nebraska injected psychedelic shrooms into himself . . . and they almost killed him. Mushrooms even started growing in his blood. (Full Story)
– The top five most popular global brands in 2020 were Google, WhatsApp, YouTube, Samsung, and Amazon. (Full Story)
– A 6th grade math teacher in Florida was arrested when the cops found her in her car at 1:00 A.M. on Tuesday with meth. (Full Story)
– A new study found there’s no such thing as too much exercise . . . everything you do helps your heart health. (Full Story)
– Kit Kat Thins . . . which are smaller and thinner Kit Kats . . . are coming out next month. (Full Story)
– Sapporo was releasing a new beer in Japan but realized they misspelled “lager” on the cans. And they’ve decided just to sell the beer anyway. (Full Story)
– The European Food Safety Agency has ruled that mealworms . . . which are just like MAGGOTS . . . are safe to eat. (Full Story)
– A male orangutan at the Denver Zoo has taken over taking care of his youngest daughter after her mother died . . . which is an extremely rare thing for male orangutans to do. (Full Story)
– A guy in North Dakota was arrested after he attempted to sexually assault a woman in the lobby of a police station. (Full Story)