Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- Years after Wyatt Earp’s famous turn at the O.K. Corral, in Tombstone, Arizona, he rambled around L.A. as an unpaid consultant for silent cowboy movies.
- There’s actually a phobia called consecotaleophobia (con-sec-o-tal-e-o-pho-bi-a) . . . where you’re afraid of CHOPSTICKS.
- There was once an American federal holiday called The Eighth, which commemorated the final battle of the War of 1812 on January 8th, 1815. It stopped being celebrated during the Civil War and is now totally defunct.
- Banks could design money to look however they wanted until 1861 when the U.S. Treasury stepped in and standardized everything. Before that, special Christmas money was pretty common, including a lot of bills that featured pictures of Santa.
- The most racially diverse religious group in America is the Seventh Day Adventists, followed by Muslims and Jehovah’s Witnesses.
(New York Times / Psych Times / Wikipedia / New York Fed / Pew Research)
Strange and trending news:
- A new virtual reality simulation tries to give people a taste of what it’s like . . . to DIE. And it’s apparently so convincing that it causes anxiety and panic in some people. So, you can raise your hand if you want out. (Full Story)
- The TSA recently reiterated that it considers peanut butter to be a liquid. In a survey, only 18% of people said they agree. 73% of people said that PB is NOT a liquid in their book. (Full Story)
- The “Best Main Street in America” was awarded to THREE cities this year: Danville, Virginia . . . Florence, South Carolina . . . and Metuchen, New Jersey. (Full Story)
- Kellogg’s is selling a coffee-flavored cereal in the U.K. It’s part of a “barista edition,” and it has a “chocolate mocha flavor.” (Full Story)
- There’s still no official word on the future of Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. . . . but Greenland has officially opted to stop changing their clocks. (Full Story)
- There’s a video going viral on TikTok where a Domino’s delivery driver goes off on a customer who didn’t open the door to pick up their food. (Full Story)
- A TikTok trend says you should WASH your ground beef before you cook it. Experts say no . . . don’t do that. (Full Story)
- Is PERMED hair back in style? (Full Story)