Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- Dog the Bounty Hunter met his late wife Beth Chapman in 1986 when he posted her bond after she shoplifted a lemon.
- Q-tips were originally called Baby Gays.
- When “The Shining” first came out in 1980, it got mixed reviews, no Oscar nominations, and two nominations at the first Razzie Awards.
- Champagne corks kill around 24 people a year . . . meaning they cause more death than sharks.
- There’s a word for putting makeup on your face. And that word is . . . farding.
(People / Q-tips / Wikipedia / Daily Californian / Merriam-Webster)
Strange and trending news:
- The 20 U.S. cities where allergies are the worst include: Wichita, Kansas . . . Dallas . . . and Scranton, Pennsylvania. (Full Story)
- People online are talking about the “food crimes” they committed, like enjoying ketchup on steak . . . eating Oreos with honey mustard . . . putting cheese in their cereal . . . preferring soup cold . . . and peanut butter on a hot dog. (Full Story)
- Japan won the World Baseball Classic, but which country loves baseball the most? New analysis says Japan has a ton of baseball fanatics, but so does the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic. (Full Story)
- A judge in Arizona has been charged with “Super Extreme DUI.” (Full Story)
- The average man has had the same beard, mustache, or sideburns for 10 years. (Full Story)
- A guy in Chicago tried to carjack someone, but he gave up because he didn’t know how to drive stick shift. Then he was caught because he kept the car keys with him . . . and there was an AirTag attached to it. (Full Story)
- A mountain lion snuck up on a man and his wife in Colorado on Saturday . . . as they were soaking in a hot tub. The man got scratched up, but they were able to scare it off. (Full Story)
- A new study says people who watch pornography are more likely to have lower relationship stability and less satisfaction in relationships. (Full Story)