Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- An estimated 93% of TV-owning Americans watched Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon in 1969. Interesting side-note: In 1969, 95% of households owned a television . . . and about 95.9% of households do today. So not much has changed there.
- There are five states that don’t have a single city with a population over 100,000: Delaware, Maine, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming. California has 76 cities with a population over 100,000.
- Kid Rock refused to put his song “All Summer Long” on iTunes, but a karaoke version WAS available. It sold so many copies that it wound up higher on the Billboard charts than the original. The karaoke version was 19th, and the real song was 23rd.
- Koalas have fingerprints that look almost exactly like human fingerprints.
- In“Let It Be” by The Beatles, the lyric “Mother Mary comes to me” isn’t about the Virgin Mary. It’s about Paul McCartney’s mother, Mary.
(NBC News / Wikipedia / Wikipedia / McGill / Wikipedia)
Strange and trending news:
- In a National Customer Rage Survey, 1 in 10 people admit to seeking “revenge” on an employee . . . by badgering, belittling, or threatening them. (Full Story)
- A behavioral psychologist says that we should be talking with family members on the phone for at least 12 minutes every day to reduce stress. Yes, you heard that right, REDUCE stress. (Full Story)
- A giant, record-setting seaweed bloom is headed towards Florida. It’s twice the width of the U.S. (And it’s unclear what it wants.) (???) (Full Story)
- A while back, a man attempted to rob a teenager at knifepoint at an ATM in the U.K. . . . and then found out it was his own son. (Full Story)
- Kraft Heinz will be delivering its ready-to-eat Lunchables directly to students by putting them in school cafeterias. (Full Story)
- A man in Georgia was arrested recently, after smoking weed in a Waffle House parking lot . . . right next to a drug sniffing K9 unit. (Full Story)
- Dairy Queen has a new Churro Dipped Cone. (Full Story)
- A womanfreaked over a listing for a restaurant server, because of its long, tongue-in-cheek list of qualifications. The first one was that they didn’t want anyone WITHOUT a sense of humor . . . like THIS LADY, who clearly didn’t get the joke. (Full Story)