Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- Roughly 1-in-3 American adults have criminal records.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy’s mom worked as a code breaker with the Navy during World War Two.
- When Franklin Pierce was president, he was arrested for running over an old woman with his horse. The charges were eventually dropped because of a lack of evidence.
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon’s original script for “Good Will Hunting” was about a math genius and his friend outsmarting the government.
- There’s a regulation in Connecticut that says a pickle has to be able to BOUNCE to be legally classified as a pickle.
Strange and trending news:
- A man in Tennessee was driving drunk when he let his five-year-old son take the wheel. They crashed their car into a neighbor’s mailbox. It sounds like the kid will be okay . . . the dad was charged with DUI. (Full Story)
- Chipotle sent a customer a message announcing that they’d been awarded “FREE Chipotle for a year.” But a few hours later, they took it back, and said the message was sent due to a “service error.” They apologized for any disappointment . . . and offered a coupon for one free entrée. (Full Story)
- We’re getting to the point where streaming services and live TV apps are becoming the SAME PRICE as those expensive cable packages. (Full Story)
- This sounds like a good idea: A woman has “given up” on driving after being involved in 13 car accidents before she turned 30. She says she’s “pushed her luck enough.” (Full Story)
- Someone broke into a daycare in Ohio on Tuesday to steal TOILET PAPER? (Full Story)
- A new study found that Viagra lowers the risk of heart disease in men by up to 39% . . . and it even helps reduce the risk of early death. (Full Story)
- A university in Australia made an embarrassing typo on a banner. (Full Story)