Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- The game “BINGO” is centuries old; the WORD “bingo” has no real known origin and is not found before the 1920s.
- Metallica is the first band to play on all seven continents . . . and they did it all in one year. In 2013 they played in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia . . . and a special concert for some scientists in Antarctica.
- The original name for Eggo waffles was Froffles . . . as in “frozen waffles.” But people called them Eggos because they tasted a little like eggs, and two years later that became their official name.
- The tallest building in Dubai until 1973 was only 75 feet high. Then they had their skyscraper boom, and now they have 26 buildings that are over 1,000 feet.
- TheWright Brothers weren’t just pioneers of flying; they were also pioneers of PLANE CRASHES. The first person to die in a plane crash was an Army lieutenant named Thomas Selfridge in 1908. And the pilot was Orville Wright, who survived.
Strange and trending news:
- A new Doritos-flavored DIP is coming to stores. (Full Story)
- Starting on Monday, you’ll be able to buy a “Cheetos Duster” on Amazon. It’s basically a pepper grinder to create Cheeto dust. (Full Story)
- Chipotle is giving away 5,000 free entrees for every goal scored by the U.S. men’s national soccer team during the FIFA World Cup. (Full Story)
- A man in South Carolina has pleaded guilty to giving a minor a tattoo . . . while seated at a table in the dining room of a McDonald’s restaurant. (Full Story)
- A pack of 10 poodles attacked a woman and her dog at a beach . . . and then the owner of the poodles ran in and BIT the woman. (Full Story)
- Police in Vermont were looking for a man who was spotted in a mall parking lot carrying two swords and a BB gun. They put his picture out to the media, and the guy called the police to say he bought the swords and the gun AT the mall. (???) The cops looked into it, and the guy was telling the truth. (Full Story)
- An astronomer has been reinstated on Twitter after allegedly getting banned . . . because her meteor video was somehow mistaken for PORN. (Full Story)