Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- Italy has won more Best Foreign Language / International Film Oscars than any other country, with 14 wins. France is second with 12. The country with the most nominations WITHOUT a win is Israel, which is now 0-for-10.
- “National Geographic” has printed over 500 photos of women with bare breasts since it started in 1896. They average around four or five a year.
- Three countries have a DRAGON on their flag: Bhutan, Wales, and Malta.
- Heinz ketchup exits its glass bottle at .028 miles per hour, which is around the same speed as the average snail.
- The first movie sequel was“The Fall of a Nation” in 1916. It was the sequel to “The Birth of a Nation” in 1915 . . . which is about how heroic the KKK was after the Civil War and is considered one of the most racist movies in history.
Strange and trending news:
- Today isNational Unfriend Day. (Why did it have to be AFTER an election?)
- Vandals freed more than 10,000 minks from a farm in Ohio on Tuesday. An activist group called the Animal Liberation Front may have been behind it . . . but a lot of minks were killed crossing a road next to the property, so many that a plow was needed to clear the carcasses. (Full Story)
- Volkswagen created a high-tech office chair that travels at 12 miles per hour. It also has “360-degree collision avoidance sensors.” (Full Story)
- The WEIRDEST study of the day has found that just 30 seconds of morning sun has more health benefits than . . . eating 2,500 bananas. (Full Story)
- A fire chief in Arkansas was fired for using “inappropriate emojis.” It’s complicated, but apparently, he “accidentally” used a middle-finger emoji instead of a thumbs-up emoji in reacting to a social media post. (Full Story)
- Most of us have a “go-to, feel-better comfort movie” . . . and have watched it an average of 34 times. (Full Story) (If you have one, what is it?)
- Is it weird to order MILK to drink on a first date? (Full Story)
- Doctors are seeing more PICKLEBALL injuries. Nothing serious like blunt force trauma to the head . . . just aches, pains, and lower back issues. (Full Story)