Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (or not-so-fun) Facts:
- Statistically speaking, drivers aged 60 to 69 have the lowest rates of car crashes.
- The last time a volcano erupted in Canada was Mount Meager in British Columbia . . . 2,400 years ago.
- Our bodies burn about 10% more calories in the late afternoon and early evening than at other times of the day.
- You’ve heard of flu season . . . but did you know there’s a gonorrhea season? It’s May through July.
- Sonic the Hedgehog was originally going to be from a small town in Nebraska. Sega eventually dropped that backstory.
Strange and trending news:
- Frank’s RedHot has a new “Injector Marinade,” which comes with an injector to shoot into your Thanksgiving turkey. Itcosts$7.99 online. (Full Story)
- Shake ‘N Bake is making it harder for your kids to “help.” They’re getting rid of their plastic shaker bags to be more environmentally friendly . . . so now, you’ll have to find your own solution, like using a food storage container. (Full Story)
- A new survey on freelancing has found that the best things about it are . . . freedom and flexibility. And the worst parts are . . . managing your earnings and finding regular gigs. (Full Story)
- Police in Texas say a man was stabbed when he came home and found that his girlfriend had her ex-boyfriend hiding in the closet. The ex-boyfriend stabbed him and ran off. The new boyfriend is expected to recover. (Full Story)
- People are more impatient than ever. New research says that HALF of all customers will not wait more than three minutes without being helped. (Full Story)
- Half of all people expect Santa to be less generous this year due to global inflation. (Full Story)
- Sexual activity can trigger an asthma attack? (Full Story)
- A list of American foods that NON-Americans find disgusting includes: Marshmallow fruit salad and bright orange processed cheese. (Full Story)