Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- The first Oscars gave out two top prizes, Outstanding Picture and Unique and Artistic Picture. The next year they got rid of the Unique and Artistic Picture award . . . and by 1962, Outstanding Picture became Best Picture.
- Michael Jackson has earned approximately $2.4 billion since his death.
- The two most visited homes in America are the White House and Graceland.
- More than 300 million Slinkys have been sold, and if they were all uncoiled and joined together, they’d go around the Earth more than 126 times.
Strange and trending news:
- Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. Interesting Fact: In Vietnam, street vendors sell ice cream stuffed between two layers of BREAD. Literal sandwiches.
- It’s official: Taco Bell is bringing back the Mexican Pizza permanently . . . beginning next month. (Full Story)
- A man was caught doing more than DOUBLE the speed limit in New Hampshire recently and get this: The speed limit was 70 miles per hour. The guy was driving a sports car 161 miles per hour. (Full Story)
- A passenger was traveling from Bali, Indonesia to Australia . . . and they were fined $1,874 . . . after two undeclared McMuffins were found in their luggage. This happened last month . . . also in Australia . . . when a woman forgot to declare a leftover Subway sandwich. (Full Story)
- Wasn’t this a plot from “Seinfeld”? A fight over a parking spot caused a 20-minute traffic jam . . . when a woman was parallel parking, and a guy behind her swooped in and tried to go into the same spot headfirst. (Full Story)
- This is terrible: There are reports of a TikTok travel “hack” where people are requesting wheelchairs . . . just to get through airports faster. (Full Story)
- In other terrible TikTok news, a Dunkin worker is boasting about how he accepted a customer’s “pay-it-forward” money . . . but kept it as a tip. (Full Story)