Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- Indonesia has a cultural stereotype where street vendors selling meatballs are presumed to be undercover cops.
- There are eight different types of herpes humans can get . . . the most famous ones are oral herpes, genital herpes, and chicken pox.
- Even a nuclear apocalypse won’t get you out of paying your taxes. The IRS manual has policies in place for collecting taxes after nuclear war, mostly about shifting their focus to people in areas that weren’t totally bombed out.
- The chalk we use on blackboards isn’t actually chalk . . . it’s a substance called gypsum that’s cheaper to mine and produce.
- Only 12 people have ever walked on the moon . . . four are still alive, and the youngest is now 86.
Strange and trending news:
- A Swedish food company has created a new vegan burger . . . that claims to taste like HUMAN FLESH. It’s made from soya, mushrooms, and wheat protein, as well as plant-based fats and “a mysterious spice mix.” (Full Story)
- 1-in-5 Americans have accidentally bought plant-based “chicken,” and so a lot of people are calling for clearer product labeling. (Full Story)
- 1-in-4 people don’t know caterpillars turn into butterflies? (Full Story)
- The trend of brides wearing their MOTHER’S wedding dress is popular again . . . and it doesn’t have to be as-is, it can be restyled to the bride’s taste. (Full Story)
- According to a new Gallup study, the world is unhappier and more stressed out than ever before. And Afghanistan leads the world in “negative experiences.” (Full Story)
- A man in Idaho broke a Guinness World Record by walking 3.4 miles while balancing a guitar on his chin. (Full Story) (Here’s video.)
- 23 million Californians are getting up to $1,050 in “inflation relief” checks. (Full Story)
- Nutter Butter shocked people on Monday with an R-rated Tweet. But they’re playing it off as an “outdated song reference.” (Full Story)