Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- The original “Friday the 13th” movie is considered a horror classic now. But it was nominated for a Razzie for “Worst Picture” when it came out in 1980. It lost out to “Can’t Stop the Music”.
- Spike Lee’s father was the bass player on Simon and Garfunkel’s original recording of “The Sound of Silence”.
- The town of Erwin, Tennessee hanged an elephant in 1916 because it killed a circus trainer.
- There are approximately 20 quintillion animals living on Earth. That’s 20 billion-billion . . . which is a two followed by 19 zeroes.
- The term “big bang theory” was coined by a British scientist in 1949, who hated it and was trying to mock it.
Strange and trending news:
- A new poll asked Americans “Do you think that your best days are behind you or ahead of you?” 38% said the best is yet to come . . . 14% said they’re living their best life right now . . . and 27% said their best days are behind them. (Full Story)
- There’s a concept for a Sky Cruise “flying hotel,” which can carry 5,000 guests. It would essentially allow people to “vacation in the sky.” It would never need to land. All supplies and guests would be “delivered” to the Sky Cruise by private and commercial planes. (Full Story) (Here’s a look at this craziness.)
- Have you ever wanted to spray SMELLS on your dinner? Some people believe “food-enhancing perfumes” are the next big thing. (Full Story)
- This is just senseless: A female Subway worker in Atlanta was shot and killed on Sunday . . . after an argument with a customer about “too much mayonnaise on his sandwich.” She’d only been on the job a few weeks. (Full Story)
- According to a new study, people who are born into money show MORE sensitivity to the poor than self-made success stories. It’s possible that’s because people who climbed the economic ladder see it as being easier and have less sympathy with those unable to follow them. (Full Story)
- Kentucky’s 2022 Teacher of the Year has quit teaching . . . because he’s openly gay, and he’s tired of dealing with homophobia from the school administration. (Full Story)
- Costco was selling a light-up patio umbrella powered by solar panels, but it’s been recalled because it can CATCH ON FIRE. (Full Story)